21 March 2011

Comparative Rhetoric, or Is My Game Slippin?

Today's question mark is brought to you by comparative rhetoric.

Or, rather, it was brought to me by comparative rhetoric.  And RSQ.  That's not a bad question mark, either.  It's a way of saying, "How did I miss this?"  So I figured I'd ask you smart folks.  Is "comparative rhetoric" something that I should have known about?  I'm feeling a little inadequate as a rhetorician right now...

Apparently, the latest issue of RSQ (vol 41 no 1) isn't available via the KU library's electronic holdings just yet, but if you need a refresher of the table of contents, click here.  There's quite the civilized war going on between authors LuMing Mao and Scott Stroud.  Mao has written an article in response to some of Stroud's work on comparative rhetoric, and Stroud responds to Mao.  Because I'm not that familiar with comparative rhetoric, I can't quite make heads or tails of the debate.  The comments are open -- anyone care to weigh in on the debate or at least provide a compass?

No comments: