06 February 2011

2Cs (Composition Conversations) is starting back up

If you're unfamiliar with Composition Conversations (2Cs, for short), allow me to acquaint you. It's a monthly dinner meeting (more like chat session) among folks with interests in composition studies and composition pedagogy. There's usually a new grad student organizer every year, and this year's organizer, Kendra, just sent out an email about getting it started up again. Here's her email; respond directly to her if you're interested:

Welcome back
, especially to all that I have not seen or talked to yet! I trust that your Spring Semester is off to a good start. It was pleasing to talk to some of you this weekend about your enthusiasm for 2Cs this semester, for it was a nice boost and it encouraged me to get things started. Okay, so now we're off and running!

We're going to have to meet toward the end of this month (and it's a short one), so send me the following information:
1) The day of the week you'll be available to meet between 5:30-7:00pm;
2) The restaurant(s) you'd like to meet;
and
3) An article or essay in which you're interested in using for our discussion. If I don't get any suggestions for an article, I'll just choose one based upon some of the areas of interest that you all emailed to me last semester. However, it would be nice if you all would email me articles of interest so that we can engage in intellectual exchange and debate over the many areas of pedagogy: writing, rhetoric, and literature, just to name of few. My intent is to share ideas not to exclude anyone.

Please email this information (within the week) to kenfull at ku dot edu so that I can plan expeditiously but efficiently for a good Composition Conversations this semester!

No comments: